updated on 23/03/2015
Your personal data are processed in any case by specific NSI employees, and are not disclosed or disseminated.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings that a website can send, while browsing, to your device (be it a PC, a notebook, a smartphone, a tablet; they are usually stored directly on the browser used for navigation) . The same website that sent them can then read and record the cookies that are on the same device to obtain various types of information. Which? For each type of cookie there is a well-defined role.
How many type of cookies exist?
There are two basic macro-categories, with different characteristics: technical cookies and profiling cookies.
Technical cookies are generally necessary for the website to function properly and to allow navigation; without them you may not be able to display the pages correctly or to use some services. For example, a technical cookie is essential to keep the user connected throughout the visit to a website, or to memorize the settings of the language, display, and so on. Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information company service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service” (Article 122, paragraph I, Privacy Code).
Technical cookies can be further distinguished in:
- Browsing cookies, that guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas);
- Cookie Analytics, assimilated to technical cookies only when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site. To be clear, like those that
- Functionality cookies, that allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
Profiling cookies are more sophisticated!
These cookies have the task of profiling the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing.
Cookies can, again, be classified as:
- Session cookies, which are deleted immediately when the browser is closed;
- Persistent cookies, which – unlike the session ones – remain inside the browser for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to the site, facilitating authentication operations for the user.
- First-part cookies ie cookies generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing.
- Third-party Cookies, which are generated and managed by subjects other than the manager of the website on which the user is browsing (by virtue, as a rule, of a contract between the owner of the website and the third party). More precisely, while browsing the site, the user may also receive cookies from different sites or web servers on their terminal, which are set directly by managers of websites or servers other than the site. These cookies can be sent to the user’s browser by third-party companies directly from their websites, which can be accessed by browsing the site. In such cases, the operator of this site is unrelated to the operation of these cookies, the sending of which is the responsibility of these third-party companies. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by “third parties” is governed by the relevant information to which reference should be made.
Which cookies does https://www.mdacashandcarry.com use?
We use technical cookies, aimed at ensuring the proper functioning of our site, without which your browsing experience would not be pleasant. To improve our site and understand which parts or elements are most appreciated by users, we also use, as an anonymous and aggregate analysis tool, a third-party cookie, i.e. Google Analytics. This cookie is not a tool owned by us, for more information, therefore, you can consult the information provided by Google at the following address: http://www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/
If you prefer that Google Analytics does not use the collected data in any way you can:
- Use anonymous browsing (Do Not Track option) of your browser. To find out how to activate the option on the main search engines, click on the browser you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari.
- Choose to disable Google Analytics by installing the deactivation add-on on your browser. click here to view it.
Technical cookies and analytics are the only cookies we use to make your browsing enjoyable.
We do not use profiling cookies instead.
What specific cookies does https://www.mdacashandcarry.com use?
On this site we use the following first-party technical cookies
|consensoCookies||1 year||Register the device preventing the banner from being displayed on subsequent visits|
|PHPSESSID||When the session ends||Register the device in order to recognize it uniquely|
Usiamo anche i seguenti cookie analitici
|Nome||Dominio||Durata||Descrizione||Link informativa e opt-out|
|_gat, _ga||s.mdacashandcarry.com||2 years||Cookie used by Google Analytics to analyze navigation statistics||Informative Opt-out|
|_utma||s.mdacashandcarry.com||2 years||Cookie used by Google Analytics to analyze navigation statistics||Informative, Opt-out|
|_utmb||s.mdacashandcarry.com||30 minutes||Cookie used by Google Analytics to analyze navigation statistics||Informative, Opt-out|
|_utmc||s.mdacashandcarry.com||When the session ends||Cookie used by Google Analytics to analyze navigation statistics||Informative, Opt-out|
|_utmt||s.mdacashandcarry.com||10 minutes||Cookie used by Google Analytics to analyze navigation statistics||Informative, Opt-out|
|_utmz||s.mdacashandcarry.com||6 months||Cookie used by Google Analytics to analyze navigation statistics||Informative, Opt-out|
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the logout command is executed. Other cookies “survive” when the browser is closed and are also available on subsequent visits by the user.
These cookies are called persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases a deadline is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using the settings on his browser.
Attention: the total or partial disabling of technical cookies can compromise the use of the site features reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the usability of public content is also possible by completely disabling cookies. Disabling “third party” cookies does not affect navigability in any way.
The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore, the best browsers allow you to define different settings for “proprietary” and “third-party” cookies.